Monday, August 9, 2010

Husbands & wives, how important is time away from your kids to you so you can have time alone?

It may be for a few hours, or over night or a couple nights, having someone watch the kids for you, like a babysitter for a few hours, or family that can watch the kids overnight.





I know for my wife and I it's very important to have time alone. Because with the stresses of family %26amp; work, we need that time together to reconnect with each other, and just have time alone with each other.





Do you think it's important to you to have that time alone with your spouse? Even if it's just for a few hours?Husbands %26amp; wives, how important is time away from your kids to you so you can have time alone?
I think it is very important to have time alone with your spouse, and I know it has what has kept my marriage strong for almost 12 years now. Unfortunately this doesn't always happen, not only for us but others that we know as well. We do try to do it when we can though. We enjoy having family time, but I do see the necessity of having just ';us'; time as well. Isn't always overnight, but at least for a few hours just to have time away and focus on us for a little while. In response to what someone else said, yes children are a gift from GOD and I am not saying they are not, nor is it easy for me to leave home even for a couple hours but I do need my outlet to destress from work and daily things so I don't take them out on people who had nothing to do with the situation. I personally enjoy just walking around with my husband for a few hours so we can re-connect and talk just us, no one else. Maybe that way works for you, but you need to realize that your way doesn't work for everyone, and each persons situations are different!Husbands %26amp; wives, how important is time away from your kids to you so you can have time alone?
yes, we recently started bringing him to a babysitter, so that we may have time alone, our work schedules clash so our son is always with us, but we decided to let go the guilt and have some time to ourselves, cause we didnt even realize how much we missed being together until he was brought to our family to babysit, now we're both less stressed and connected to eachother
I agree, everyone should have time out, even the kids. When I was married for 20 years we never went out until the kids were old enough to look after themselves. It didn't really bother me as I never loved him and now meeting someone else we have decided to have a date night every fortnight as we are trying for a family ourselves.


Good on you on how the two of you are still so much in love.
I think it is important but not necessary for a relationship to be strong...I moved away from all my babysitters and family and we haven't had one day away from our kids for a almost 2 years. It sucks b/c we really like playing pool and hanging out together but until we trust someone here we can't let our kids go with anyone. Our relationship probably has gotten stronger since we are in this together..we still have after the kids are asleep for just him and me.
You bet man,nothing like spending some quality time with your loved one and away from all the distraction.Enjoy man.
Of course, crucial. When you don't do those things and the kids finally move out to college you are left with this stranger you call a spouse, you become so distant you don't even know the person anymore and that's when problems arise.





And when my husband and I do get to go out to dinner/party (about once a month on average) by ourselves we don't argue once because it is a stress free fun atmosphere.
Bryan, you are very correct in getting time with your spouse. It gives you guys some time to know each others feelings without any interruptions from the kids. It also keep the flame burning between you two and will make your relationship stronger. A lot of family don't put their marriages to the top of the priority list. When it doesn't work they are now wondering why it didn't.
Make a sound proof bouncy room for your children so they can run around and wreck havoc without you or your wife to have to worry about it. You know even though my children have room full of toys and all the stuff they would want to play with they would rather spend time with me reading a story or spending time with them. I would like to run away and hide sometimes, but they love me too much and are so clingy I like my space too and quiet is a rarity. One day my husband and I too a day off from the kids and had someone else watch them, but we had no idea what to do with ourselves, because it was so quiet. It was a really odd feeling that we were actually happy to see the kids again.
It is essential for a healthy relationship! Time for just the two of you lets you nurture your loving relationship and recharge, which benefits the whole family.
It is VERY important for a healthy relationship.





In the 7+ years my GF/F have been together, we've gone on a total of two weekend trips by ourselves. Both tjimes, at least for me, was like recharging batteries that were sorely drained.
extremely important.....that is how you keep your romance alive and new
We take our kids to a parents night out event where our daycare stays open from 6 to 10 and have fun things to do for the kids and we head home and have sex all over the house.
Wow i shouldn't answer this questions cuz i am only 13 years old but i think its really important so that love between them is gunna stay and its time they both can talk about their feelings or maybe they need that time to do anything they are interested in.
Absolutely, I think it is very important to have time alone with my husband! For all the reasons you specified.





Additionally, I believe that it is important for our daughters to SEE us taking that time to spend with one another. It displays to them this importance of keeping a marriage healthy, which sets an example for them in their own future marriages. Kids watch how their parents treat one another and they model their own relationships after the relationship that their parents display. When we show our children that our Time Alone Together is healthy for the whole family, they understand that by putting ourselves and our marriage ';first'; we are actually putting THEM first!





:-) Great discussion fodder - you get a star!
i have been married for 19years and four kids, all this while i have been so busy trying to bring up the kids that i almost forgot that i have an obligation to give my husband some attention.


but now that they are all gone to boarding school, the time i spent alone with my husband have made us to rediscover ourselves.


so it is very important that couples spent reasonable time together. this gives room for good communication and understanding.
Of course it is important. My wife and I are newly weds and have a son, but we dont get as much time alone as we would like.





Good thing grandma lives down the street and we can drop him off whenever we want =)
i hear you bro!!! what we ended up doing is joining a really cool game called ';Vampire The Requiem'; its two nights a month so we get a babysitter for the whole weekend. two nights, we mingle with our friends and spend alittle time together while we are doing that and sunday is all ours lol. you have to find some time together, and some kind of release from the work week. thats why we joined a role playing game. once you start playing, everything that has happened through out the week is now in the back of your mind and you can now concentrate on the things that matter.
Mom and Dad need time for them too!!! When you get time away from the kids you feel so much more refreshed, when dealing with problems or issues that come up and we all know they come up especially with kids. I think every couple with kids needs couple time.
Yes, it is very important. Unfortunately, it does not happen enough and I think that is when the stress of life catches up to you and couples move on without each other. Couples need to make the time, like you said, even if only for a couple hours!
Yes if i don't get it, I am a mess. I crave our moments alone. and it is the root if our marriage.
my parents always kicked us out of the house
With 4 kids, very very very. We're better parents, better friends, better lovers when we get some time alone.
Whats time alone?


We have been married nearly 2 years, and I have two children from a previous marriage, and we have only ever had one night off in that whole time.


Yep our wedding night.
I knew a couple who went out alone once a month to be together. I thought it was a perfect balance-they were very family oriented, but still took time alone. I knew another couple who did it every spare moment they had (each weekend) and I thought it was over the top-kids need their parent's attention too. My husband and I do not have children, but when we go out with family and friends too often (when they are around every spare moment of our lives) we make it a point to go out alone and have an evening together. Hope this helped =)
Of course it's important!


Time away from your kids hs nothing to do with being a great parent. It's about being a Human couple.


You need that time to re-establish bonds formed before the kids. If your entire Marriage is just about the kids, I feel bad for you.


There has to be some romance and passion or else it's doomed!
Absolutely!! 100% I think Husbands and Wives need their time alone. It is a necessity for the relationship to grow stronger. If you don't take the time to make the relationship stronger, it will die out. Plus when the kids are up and grown and out of the house, who do you have left!! Your spouse if you made that relationship with them.
i wish that we could have time alone but my husband dosen't feel the same to him he rather spend all his free time with the kids.
Very important. We get a lot of alone time during the week because he works nights, %26amp; is home all day while the kids are in school. But on weekends, if they decide to hang around the house (they're teenagers) we've been known to hide in the bedroom to watch a little tv together and just chat and cuddle a bit.





In the summer time we let them sleep at friends houses a lot, and they rarely spend a night home without friends. Their friends parents need privacy too, hehe.
What in the name of GOD?





You do remember HIM, right?





YOU wanted these babes, now you ';want time alone with wife and away from those precious angels?';





HUH? How, in the old days did parents handle all of their children? My gran had 12! 6 boys and 6 girls!


She would NEVER leave them! Placing the littlest ones in a laundry basket as she took out the laundry to hang.





I do not understand, if hubby and I want alone time we put our babes to bed and then shut the door to our room..make popcorn and watch a movie!





Babysitters are unreliable...and relatives are EVEN worse..


Mine neglected my son...and then expects me to let them take care of him (now 10) and his baby sister... NO F*****G WAY!





Take care of the wonderful gift GOD gave you! Before you know it....they are gone!





Blessings
Absolutely. It's essential.
  • triumph
  • curly hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment